Ultra powerful, easy casting line built for exceptionally long casts.
RIO's OutBound Short series of lines are designed to cast large and heavy flies very long distances. A short, aggressive front taper easily carries large, weighted streamers, while the powerful head design loads rods deeply and efficiently for effortless casts. A full range of densities make this a very versatile line series. Each line features RIO's XS technology for super slick performance, and is built with a supple, coldwater coating that ensures the line remains tangle-free.
The five densities available are:
1) A full floating line (F),
2) A floating line with a 30 ft ultra slow sinking “hover” head that sinks about 1” a second (F/S1),
3) A floating line with a 15ft clear intermediate tip (F/I),
4) A full intermediate line with a 30 ft clear head (I),
5) An intermediate line with a 30 ft sinking, type 3 (3-4 inches per second) head (I/S3)
6) An intermediate line with a 30 ft fast sinking, type 6 (6 inches per second) head (I/S6)
Click picture above right for line taper