The Yuba River is one of California’s true gems. Located 20 minutes outside of Marysville, it is one of the few completely wild trout and steelhead fisheries left in the state.
Designed for intermediate and advanced anglers, this in-depth class will hone your fishing skills, giving you the confidence you can take with you to any trout waters.
Dave Barbieri is a licensed guide and FFF-certified Casting Instructor with over 35 years of fly-fishing experience.
Class will cover:
• Prominent bugs seasonally
• Equipment and fly selection.
• Reading the water
• How to approach fish. Reach cast
Anglers of all ability levels are welcome. All classes are limited to 5 anglers to ensure plenty of one on one instruction
It is strongly recommended that you complete our Introduction to fly fishing (or its equivalent) before taking this clinic.
• 9am to 230pm (5 hours with a break). Snacks and soft drinks included. $100 per student.
• To ensure quality instruction, each class will be limited to 5 participants.
• Gear not provided. Rods, waders and boots available to rent or purchase at AFFC.
• Students must come equipped with current California fishing license and steelhead report card.
Reservations taken in store, on-line or over the phone.